Should You Adjust Your Cleaning Schedule For Seasonal Allergies?
February 28, 2023 | AUTHOR: Office Pride
As the sun peeks out and we await the dawning of spring, it pays to be equally aware of the gift of spring allergy season. New blooms bring high pollen counts, while spring rains can lead to mold and mildew. During this allergy season, it is especially important to consider your office cleaning plan to mitigate seasonal allergies’ impacts on employees and customers.
Office Pride Commercial Cleaning Services can partner with you to reduce allergy triggers on a regular schedule in your workplace. Some key steps to follow weekly (or more often) to reduce allergy symptoms include:
Keep allergens outside.
- Routinely shake or vacuum doormats at every entryway to your business to help prevent shoes from carrying in pollen and dust. Pollen allergies are extremely common, so it’s important to minimize the amount of grass pollen, tree pollen and ragweed pollen in your office for the comfort of everyone affected.
- Leave windows and doors closed and cleaned. While it sounds appealing to open windows to let in fresh air, they also allow allergens to enter the building. Clean the windows to better enjoy the view.
Keep airborne allergens out of the air, as much as possible.
- Use a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter to remove dirt on floors and furniture. Sweeping with a broom distributes more particles into indoor air.
- Dust surfaces regularly with microfiber cloths or synthetic disposable wipes. These will trap dust rather than spread it. Microfiber cloths can be laundered and reused. Don’t forget to wipe ceiling fan blades and window blinds.
- Avoid heavily scented carpet cleaners and air fresheners, which can further irritate allergies and can trigger an allergic reaction in some people.
Keep dampness under control.
- Be alert to standing water or excessive dampness in bathrooms or break areas. Warm, wet areas are prime for mold and mildew. Toilet bases and surrounding flooring are especially problematic.
- Use disinfectant cleaning products once or twice per week to keep germs away.
As professional cleaners, Office Pride Commercial Cleaning Services schedules your business cleaning on the schedule you prefer. Our regular service, trained staff and consistent practices offer the best way to reduce allergens in your workplace.
Office Pride also uses environmentally friendly cleaning products that protect against allergens and improve indoor air quality in the facilities we service. We have “green” cleaning products available for people who are extra-sensitive to chemicals. In addition, we maintain Safety Data Sheets on-site for all products used. We are OSHA-compliant, fully bonded and insured.
Your employees and customers deserve the comforts — and allergy relief — of a clean and dust-free work environment. Find an Office Pride franchise near you and get a free, custom quote to help keep your work environment sniffle-free.